Obama is the living embodiment of the “liberal theory argument.” When I say this what I mean is that Obama and his ilk proffer solutions to the world’s problems that sound good in the classroom, but fail dangerously in the real world. Reality ALWAYS kills off liberal theories.
I would be okay with that, except when reality takes them out, it takes us out too!
Let’s summarize by giving some examples:
1. The politics of open borders: Obama says he thinks illegals living here as juveniles should stay. He made a big deal about it, claimed he’d ignore the law. Great politics for the 2012 election. However, down in the barrios of Central America, the concept that IF THEY COULD GET HERE THEY COULD STAY is all the parents and kids understood. So they started coming across in droves, overwhelming our system. One liberal theory, stated openly by Obama, and 300,000 kids, a number of whom died or were abused or worse, left their families to travel to America to join their already safely embedded friends. Now, we have a true crisis.
Some would say Obama intentionally throw the system under the bus to force the Republicans to cave or guarantee Hispanic voters pull the “D” lever on election day.
If so, he is a more evil person than we suspect. Causing kids to die to make political points or move an agenda is unforgivable. In this link you can see the kids think he’s the reason.
Others claim it is the violence and political conflicts that cause the immigration. If so, I’ll say violence is not our problem, as the Left has argued over and over we are not to involve ourselves in the running of the Central and South Americas (remember the evil CIA coup complaints?). But we did just that in Honduras when the new communist supported, Chavez trained, President Zelaya attempt to rewrite the constitution so he could stay in power. The Honduran people refused, their Supreme Court refused and he was thrown out of the country. At the time, OUR President sided with Zelaya and Chavez, sending a chill across Central America, and causing great strife in an already impoverished nation. (And doing some serious economic harm to Honduras in the process.)
Why? Does the dictator in him instinctively fear coups? Does his love for the socialist/communist Chavez cloud his judgement? Does his far left aggressive vision of how to govern fall more in line with Chavez and Zelaya than say George Washington or Reagan?
So don’t blame the CIA for every little thing going on down in Central and South America. We have long since passed that point, and the unsettling political and civil environment is due to THEIR way of life and choices.
Something we don’t need here!
2. Iraq, Syria, Libya, Israel and Afghanistan: His entire theory of Arab relations with the U.S. is faulty. He thought being raised in a Muslim country and having a father who was Muslim would make him THE GUY!
Sadly, his liberal, and frankly narcissistic, view of himself was way off base, and the Islamic radicals ate his lunch. Again, if he were personally embarrassed, I would just laugh and move on. But he managed to have allied dictators removed, who had been the lid that kept the jihadist under control. He openly supported, with weapons and air power, the radicals who killed Gaddafi and took over large parts of his nation. That little move solidified a base for AQ and ISIS, which then took the armory from Libya (and what we gave them) and started a war in Syria. At current count over 150,000 people- mostly civilians have been killed. The number of refugees in that nation alone total something like 6.5 million or more!
Worse, it has drawn fighters from around the world, who then slipped over into Iraq and created a Caliphate. Something this world hasn’t seen in this form for nearly a thousand years! You can say Obama didn’t do it. But remember his Cairo speech and his desire to disengage from a region in turmoil. It’s like saying it wasn’t an arsonist’s fault there was gas on the ground when he threw the match. Acts have consequences, and we are living one of them now.
This is another example of a liberal theory exploding in everyone’s face. Thousand have died. Many more are tortured and trapped within the “Caliphate.”
And Obama plays golf. People have trouble accepting he really just doesn’t care! He’s THAT guy!
Afghanistan is going the way of Iraq. My buddy over there said the only way we turn those nations around would be to stay there twenty years or more, guiding them and waiting for the old guard to die off and the new generation- exposed to our way of life and values- take control, much like Japan and Korea.
Obama’s theory was to get out. We get out, the Taliban comes back with a vengeance, and the whole place blows up. And instead of us being on both sides of Iran to control it, we have the Taliban on one side and the ISIS on the other, putting Iran in a position to be overrun or to strike out with such violence it changes the Middle East forever.
Not the goal of any sane leader. And remember, the ISIS people want to extend the “Caliphate” from North Africa to India. Pakistan has the bomb, more than one in fact. Imagine what damage the jihadists would do if they overran Pakistan in say five years and got them?
Plus, with the U.S. gone any number of smaller nations can now fall. They all know Obama won’t send help to save them. So what happens to Yemen and the rest?
All because of a liberal idea “If we tell them we are sorry and treat them as equals they will respect and work with us.”
Let’s see, hardline Islamic radicals influence or control Libya, Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Not to mention the Far East and Indochina. They want to RULE the same area.
And we think they want to be friends?
How much trouble would formalizing the control take? We’ve seen the lack of dedication in the Arab world when it comes to dying for a cause. (The Iraqi army bug out proves that theory correct.) We all know, as OBL pointed out, the Arabs will follow the strong horse. Right now the crazies with the bloody knives are the strong dudes. And as long as Obama is in charge, it will remain that way.
3. The Economy: Who really thought our nation should be struggling with a recovery six years after the recession ended? Much like FDR’s time, liberal policies are making things harder. Regulations are killing innovation and job growth. Obamacare is screwing up the economy AND job creation. High fuel costs are caused not by a shortage of fuel but by other means. The assistant secretary of energy SAID we would have 3.50 a gallon forever. How does he know the future of an almost pure supply/demand market- without some knowledge of future influences? Nope, he is employing theories offered up by his liberal associates and they are repeatedly crashing against the rocks of reality. Remember, Obama told everyone he was a high cost energy kind of guy! And he has proven true to his word. He has taken cheap energy away and replaced it with high energy concepts. Solar and wind power are two examples. Sure, I say work on it as research, but don’t give hundred of millions to your buddies who contributed to your campaign and say you are changing the world. Especially while cutting the throats of entire energy industries.
4. Obamacare: You can’t make it up. If you could, the publishers would throw the manuscript out as being too far out! We have a government, driven by a number of liberals but lead by Obama, turning our great but flawed healthcare system into a huge nightmare and serious flawed government run system. And this wasn’t even a socialist total government control attempt. This was a hybrid system and it burned to the ground THE FIRST DAY!! I don’t blame Obama, he’s not smart enough to make these many mistakes. But he was the one who pushed the liberal nightmare onto us. So he owns it. It will destroy our system, not replace it with better one, and get a lot of citizens killed. Not any of HIS people, just the rest of us.
5. Constitutional issues: Where to begin. He’s not the first President to cross the line, but he is the most arrogant one. I think that’s the difference here. Because he is a liberal, he thinks his ideas are the only good ones out there, even though they keep crashing every time they are launched. It is almost funny, if it wasn’t so scary. I mean, how many of us have watched him stumble around on some topic and realize he’s just dumb or clueless?
His administration is running something like twenty losses in the Supreme Court, and Obamacare barely scraped through. (My theory on that is what we are seeing now. The law was “Constitutional” in that it was created and voted on by Congress and signed by a legally elected President. It isn’t the Supreme Court’s responsibility to stop them from doing stupid things, or us electing stupid people- seriously talk about your full time job!) However, as we are now seeing once a citizen is harmed by the law, that citizen has standing and can ask for relief from the Supreme Court and the court has been giving it. Obamacare, unless I’m wrong, will die the death of a thousand cuts. Obama is trying to slow the bleeding by delaying certain mandates (illegally), but it won’t make a difference. IF the Supreme Court following its past precedents.
However, it has crashed our system for many people, and scared tens of millions more. And for what? Proving a liberal theory can operate in the environment of reality?
6. Russia. It almost hurts to watch our people (John Kerry following Hillary, what’s next PEEWEE HERMAN?) interacting with the cold and focused professionals in Russia. We talk, they invade. We complain, they invade again. You’d think someone on our side would realize there was a pattern. I’m convinced if Obama bitches any more, I’ll look up to see Russians walking down a New Jersey Main Street!
The difference between the two is Putin is a nationalist who wants his nation to succeed. Obama hates his country and wants it to fail. No way we win that. Until Obama leaves, we can expect the reputation and respect we had to be tarnished. We’ll be ignored. People will get hurt. Truth is when a superpower like ours vacates a space, the vacuum is filled with evil.
Obama thinks we’re the bad guys, which lets you know just how backwards his worldview is.
There are tons of other smaller examples. The truth is it isn’t all him. Back in 2008 I warned my friend about this series of events by saying. “A bad man in a powerful position can do great harm. Not just for what he can do, but for what others will do in his name.”
Seen it before. Will see it again. The question is will we learn, or can we?