Now we know. Andrew McCarthy figured something was up when they allowed Cheryl Mills, a long time “fixer” for the Clintons and current suspect of the investigation, to act as HRC’s attorney during the investigation. Like I had said after watching the Youtube videos of the civil deposition reenactments, allowing this blocked any real chance to find out the truth. In effect, this is like letting Sammy “the Bull” Gravano, a notorious hit man for the Mafia represent his boss, John Gotti, in a RICO investigation about Gotti ordering Gravano to kill people!
On Friday, the FBI (which is working to get the truth out before November so pay attention!) released their reports and interviews. In it, we find that HRC is a liar, an arrogant liar, and a woman not above using her fake- or real- at least conveniently real illness to cover for her crimes. Remember, this is the most qualified, smartest woman in the world and a great choice for President- except for the fact she hit her head and apparently cannot remember anything…well about anything! Worse, the purge and deletion and wiping of the documents on her server started in earnest AFTER the Congress and State Department came looking and the NY Times printed and article about the server.
Knowing that the investigation was drawing to a close, and quite possibly knowing via Loretta Lynch or other sources that she was going to skate, Clinton’s approach during the interview was mainly to say that she could not recall important details or specific emails she was questioned about. When “I don’t recall” wouldn’t cut it, e.g., because she was shown a document, Clinton resorted to “I don’t know.” This is what emerges from the FBI’s interview notes that were released today, along with a summary of the bureau’s investigation.
Despite Clinton’s “I don’t recall” approach, the documents released by the FBI contain some pretty startling information. The most significant may be the revelation that Team Clinton began wiping Hillary’s server shortly after the New York Times broke the story that she had one. The wiping occurred in March 2015, years after Clinton left office. Clearly, the emails were deleted because the Times story triggered fears that contents would be revealed.
Moreover, the purge took place just a few weeks after Clinton tweeted that she wanted the public to see her emails. On March 4, 2105 she wrote:
I want the public to see my email. I asked State to release them. They said they will review them for release as soon as possible.
Thus, as David French puts it, publicly, Hillary called for transparency; privately, her team was frantically destroying messages.
The other hugely significant revelation in the FBI’s document release is Clinton’s claim that she didn’t know that the (C) notation on documents she sent and received stood for “classified.” When asked what she thought (C) meant, she speculated that it might have something to do with paragraphs marked in alphabetical order.
Clinton needed to deny knowing what (C) means because if she did know, her intent to send classified information to unauthorized parties could easily be established. Recall that the FBI declined to recommend prosecution on the theory that it could not prove intent.
But Clinton’s claim not to know what (C) means doesn’t pass the straight face test. This is a woman who served for years on the Senate Armed Forces Committee, which regularly handles classified information. She then became one of the highest ranking national security officials in the United States government.
As Andy McCarthy notes, Clinton’s day-to-day responsibilities as Secretary of State involved the handling of classified information. She was designated by the president as “an Original Classification Authority,” meaning that she had the power to determine what information should be classified and at what level. It is impossible to believe that she did not know what classification symbols in classified documents signified.
What is frustrating about this is the ACT alone of destroying documents after realizing people are looking for them IS a crime! And of course she knew what she was doing the whole time. Either she is horribly brain damaged and acting at the behest of others like a mentally handicapped person (thus disqualifying her as a President), OR she is a liar beyond anything we’ve seen before.
Clinton’s memory lapses are frequent during the interview, marked often by agents as “could not recall” and “did not remember.” But the “could not recall” remarks are often related not to long-distant emails, but things she should perhaps definitely recall.
And Clinton told the FBI she could not recall any briefing after her December 2012 fall that left her with a concussion, an admission that will surely stoke concerns about Clinton’s health and physical fitness to serve in the job of president.
Most surprisingly perhaps: Clinton said she “did not recall receiving any emails she thought should not be on an unclassified system.” Clinton said she relied on employees’ judgment in sending her emails.
But Clinton’s memory doesn’t just fall short on email servers, vital procedures and possible security problems. When asked by the FBI to give an example of how a federal document arrives at classification, Clinton couldn’t. The FBI document is sure to raise issues about how Clinton and President Obama’s State Department handled secure papers and emails.
Clinton could not even recall when she got her security clearance. She told FBI agents she wasn’t sure if she carried it over from the U.S. Senate or if she got it from State. But perhaps even worse, Clinton told FBI agents she couldn’t even remember any briefing or training by State “related to the retention of federal records or handling of classified information.”
That admission could raise the question if Clinton was ever trained at all in handling secret information.
Below is the list of things Clinton could not recall in the FBI interview:
- When she received security clearance
- Being briefed on how to handle classified material
- How many times she used her authority to designate items classified
- Any briefing on how to handle very top-secret “Special Access Program” material
- How to select a target for a drone strike
- How the data from her mobile devices was destroyed when she switched devices
- The number of times her staff was given a secure phone
- Why she didn’t get a secure Blackberry
- Receiving any emails she thought should not be on the private system
- Did not remember giving staff direction to create private email account
- Getting guidance from state on email policy
- Who had access to her Blackberry account
- The process for deleting her emails
- Ever getting a message that her storage was almost full
- Anyone besides Huma Abedin being offered an account on the private server
- Being sent information on state government private emails being hacked
- Receiving cable on State Dept personnel securing personal email accounts
- Receiving cable on Bryan Pagliano upgrading her server
- Using an iPad mini
- An Oct. 13, 2012, email on Egypt with Clinton pal Sidney Blumenthal
- Jacob Sullivan using personal email
- State Department protocol for confirming classified information in media reports
- Every briefing she received after suffering concussions
- Being notified of a FOIA request on Dec. 11, 2012
- Being read out of her clearance
- Any further access to her private email account from her State Department tenure after switching to her HRCoffice.com account
It is a “time-honored tradition in Washington scandals” to claim one doesn’t recall as they were busy being busy Washington officials, The Associated Press said in a 2005 report on common criminal defenses inside the Beltway.
Understand, she’s lying. For example, she can’t remember when she got a classified document briefing? Really? Pull your HR file from State, the copy of your form will be in your file! If she’s not lying about her brain cells being damaged- then she’s crippled.
Either way, if there is ONE Hollywood celeb or leftie or feminist out there still supporting her, shame on them for being so corrupted or stupid. Not ignorant, because they aren’t now, just willfully blind to the facts.
One of the defenses we hear from the HRC camp is EVERYBODY at State was just as bad. Now that may be true, but how does that make it okay for HER to be a criminal? Shouldn’t she, as a person who wants to be President someday, actually go in and prove herself by cleaning the place up? Nope. Instead, she made sure anyone questioning her malfeasance was told to shut up. Further, the truth is while she was at State there was a conspicuous absence of an Inspector General. That’s a big deal and only happens when everybody of consequence at State was on board with her corruption (think Patrick Kennedy).
Why? Because, as we saw when State did get one, he immediately spotted the illegal communication problem and wrote it up. Had there been one WHILE Clinton was Secretary of State, she would have been exposed. Yes, it goes to intent to commit. This is like an inside job where you make sure there is no armed guard in front of the vault you are about to rob.
It is really simple. And if you’ll note the FBI states they had thirteen Blackberry devices and five Ipads, of which the FBI cannot find any. The report states the State employees questioned said some of the devices were destroyed with hammers…? What? Hammers? That doesn’t destroy the data. So where did the devices end up? In the trash? The proper disposal method is to turn the device into the IT people and let them destroy it and all the data. But they didn’t because they knew they were in the wrong, again going to intent.
Remember, this is only day one of the review. But Zerohedge has a good summary and rundown. Intent is not often proven by a confession, but by actions. Look at these in their proper sequence and tell me they were not intentionally hiding data. Over at CNN they are still wondering about the hammer thing, completely missing the bigger picture (intentionally). Somebody over there should direct them over here.
The story of how Hillary’s “personal” emails came to be deleted using, the now infamous, BleachBit is quite the tale. Below we attempt to piece together how the story unfolded per the recent FBI disclosures.
Here is a quick summary of the timeline of events:
- February 2013 – Hillary resigns from State Department
- Spring 2013 – Hillary aide Monica Hanley backs up Pagliano Server to Apple MacBook and a thumb drive
- February 2014 – Monica Hanley attempts to upload Hillary email archives to new Platte River Networks (PRN) server but encounters technical issues
- Early 2014 – Monica Hanley mails Apple MacBook to Undisclosed PRN Staff Member to upload Hillary email archives to new PRN server. Undisclosed PRN Staff Member then uploads Hillary’s emails to a gmail account and then transfers them over to the new PRN server. The Undisclosed PRN Staff Member deletes most of the emails from gmail but indvertently leaves 940.
- Early 2014 – Monica Hanley advises Undisclosed PRN Staff Member to wipe the Apple MacBook clean after uploading Hillary’s emails to the new PRN server but he forgets to do it
- Early 2014 – Undisclosed PRN Staff Member mails Apple MacBook back to Clinton and it is promptly lost
- December 2014 – Hillary delivers 55,000 emails to State Department
- December 2014 / January 2015 – Heather Samuelson and Cheryl Mills request emails be deleted from their computer using BleachBit
- December 2014 / January 2015 – “Unknown Clinton staff member” instructs PRN to remove archives of Clinton emails from PRN server
- March 2, 2015 – NYT releases an article showing that Hillary used a personal email server in violation of State Department rules
- March 4, 2015 – Hillary receives subpoena from House Select Committee on Benghazi instructing her to preserve and deliver all emails from her personal servers
- March 25, 2015 – Undisclosed PRN Staff Member has a conference call with “President Clinton’s Staff”
- March 25 – 31, 2015 – Undisclosed PRN Staff Member has “oh shit” moment and realizes he forgot to wipe Hillary’s email archive from the PRN server back in December…which he promptly does using BleachBit despite later admitting he “was aware of the existence of the preservation request and the fact that it meant he should not disturb Clinton’s e-mail data on the PRN server.”
- June 2016 – FBI discovers that Undisclosed PRN Staff Member forgot to erase 940 emails from the gmail account he created to help with the PRN server upload.
A third of the emails found out of the 940 were classified…one third… . Makes you wonder what they did get rid of doesn’t it?
But “Sammy the Bull” and the rest did their job for the crime boss, again- and we’ll never know.